Describes how to tips and tricks in the care of skin and body beauty

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Amaze Ravissa Uv White Protector Spf50+ Pa++++

  • UPDATED alongside the company's response at the halt of this weblog post.


This is likely the initiatory off fourth dimension e'er that I've been terrified of a product. Not just terrified to usage it, but terrified inwards general. You know the feeling... When you lot are close to bungee boundary in addition to you lot are standing on the railing of the span in addition to hold wondering if the bungee cable is properly attached in addition to you're going to move OK instead of smashing your caput on the rocks below.

I used to bungee boundary a lot when I was younger. Smashed my manus during 1 jump, hence I know the risks. And I know that the fright is non baseless.



This is how I experience close this Ravissa UV White Protector SPF 50+ PA++++ made past times Alen International inwards Mie prefecture (yep, that's nonetheless Japan).

But let's start at the beginning...

I lead hold heard close Ravissa sometime final year. My friend gave me a sample of... serum... I guess... I don't genuinely retrieve now. It felt overnice plenty on my peel that I wanted to know to a greater extent than close the brand.



After a flake of googling I learned that this was a spa-only business sold at beauty salons in addition to such. I said "whatever" in addition to forgot all close it.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 few weeks agone I was inwards Tokyo getting a haircut (yes, I genuinely pass unopen to iii hours on the train, 1 way, just to acquire a haircut). I got out of the subway at Omotesando in addition to proceeded to the exit. While I was busy proceeding, I noticed a modest cosmetics store (I think it was MS Style), nonetheless within the ticket gate area. And of course of pedagogy I went inwards to cheque it out.



There, occupying rattling prominent shelf infinite was none other than Ravissa.
I saw the prices in addition to promptly saw myself out. But non earlier testing the sunblock.

I went to acquire my haircut, had lunch, in addition to hence when I was going dorsum to choose grip of the Ginza Line, I saw that shop. Damn... I went inside.
And similar a practiced Pavlov's domestic dog that I am, I bought that damn sunscreen.



I brought it home, read the component division listing in addition to scratched my head.
Then I read it again. And scratched my caput hence difficult I was afraid it was going to start bleeding.

I went to the company's website - Alen.co.jp (yes, Alen alongside just 1 "L"), read everything at that topographic point was to read at that topographic point and, if anything, felt fifty-fifty to a greater extent than confused than before.
Huh??? Say, what?

Here's a sunblock alongside practically no Sun blocking or Sun absorbing ingredients? And you lot desire me to pose it on my face?

But, of course, I was curious, hence I did pose it on my face.
I started slow. At home. In the evening. On my arm.



My arm felt good, in addition to I proceeded to pose Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ on my face.
At home. In the evening. Just to encounter how it felt.

My confront did non explode.
In fact, Ravissa was an splendid makeup base.

It felt amazing going onto the skin. When dispensed from the airless tube, it has the consistency of mousse.



Then it sinks inwards in addition to your confront starts feeling similar it's covered inwards bulletproof film. It's non an unpleasant feeling, actually. Just strange. And close an lx minutes later on it feels similar you lot lead hold a exceptional effects latex mask on your face. You run to the mirror to lead hold a look, but you lot nonetheless hold off fine. Completely natural. There is no latex mask at all. Your makeup stays on similar a champ. There is no pilling, no patching, no dryness, no white cast. You peel feels perfectly natural to the touch.



Just that nagging feeling that at that topographic point is SOMETHING on your face. You can't encounter it. You can't behavior on it. And after a spell you lot start to doubtfulness whether you've mayhap imagined that initial feeling of SOMETHING.

Make no mistake, this is 1 heavy duty makeup base. It blurs, it smoothes, it just makes your peel hold off great. If non for that nagging feeling of SOMETHING, it would move 1 of the best makeup bases I've e'er tried.



But, but...

What close them UV protecting???
Well, here's where it gets funky.

Take a hold off at the ingredients.

Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ ingredients:

I promise at that topographic point are no typos inwards there. I suck at typing inwards Japanese. I retyped what's printed on the box. If you lot encounter whatever mistakes inwards the translation, delight allow me know. 

See what I mean?
No? Ok, here, I plugged them into CosDNA for you lot - link.
Can you lot encounter it now?

Ravissa UV White Protector, despite having SPF50+ in addition to PA++++ rating, has only line amounts of UV blockers. Not plenty to move effective every bit Sun protection at all.

If the amount of oxides is insufficient to protect from the sun, hence what the hell is "protecting" inwards this sunblock?

The company's website does non offering whatever answers. It just says this:


I highlighted the UV protector business office inwards the screenshot above.


But that's non enough, hence I started to do my ain research.
I did uncovering a distich of papers close plant-based photograph protectants, in addition to yes, 1 of them was apple-based. But is this what nosotros lead hold here? No idea...

I emailed the society bespeak for details and, of course, haven't heard back.

In the meantime, I've been reading all the PR blurbs close Ravissa that I could find.

Here are some inwards English:


This is from the Tokyo Cosme Expo PR materials.

Reduction hydrogen water? Yep. Apparently, it's a thing. And apparently, it's practiced for us.
Here's a research newspaper published inwards Trends inwards Food Science in addition to Technology dorsum inwards 2012 - link.

And this is what nosotros lead hold on Alen's website:


So far, hence good. We lead hold the trifecta of dryness, spots in addition to anti-ageing. Standard run-of-the-mill skincare claims.


Apples! I told you lot at that topographic point were apples inwards it.
Stem cells? Do they usage stalk cells every bit UV blockers? I'm confused.
Or is it that vitamin C derivative that's doing the blocking?
Or perhaps, something else entirely?


Peptides? I love peptides!
But I'm non a cosmetic chemist, hence the residue is lost on me...



This I'm familiar with. Yeast extract sounds positively pedestrian side past times side to stalk cells in addition to peptides.

And instead of what's inwards this skincare, hither you lot lead hold what's NOT inwards it:


The fright mongering in addition to claims that these ingredients are "irritants" is to a greater extent than than just a piffling off-putting. But hey, it's their brand. They tin move say whatever they want, right?



And we're dorsum to the magical water, which inwards the component division listing is listed merely every bit "water".



In summary, after reading all this, I nonetheless lead hold no clue what is doing the UV protecting inwards this sunblock.

The TEST!

There was only 1 means to encounter if this sunblock genuinely works. To genuinely exam it inwards the sun.

I had an lx minutes to kill today, in addition to thought, hey, why not. Beats doing the laundry, right?

This is how I prepped my arm:



The painting is self explanatory. The elevation flake of exposed peel was covered alongside HABA UV Cut Milk SPF50+ PA++++, a non-chemical non-alcohol sunblock which is nearly bulletproof. One of my favorites.

The side past times side flake of naked peel was covered alongside Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ in addition to left exposed inwards the Sun for lx minutes.

We lead hold Ravissa 1 to a greater extent than time, this 1 was exposed for only thirty minutes.

And for command purposes, nosotros lead hold peel that was left unprotected.

The peel on the sides of the testing surface area was covered alongside Evermere UV Gel SPF50+ PA++++ (one of my favorites).

I know that HABA in addition to Evermere work. I trust them. I was curious whether Ravissa volition work.

I pose on a hat, got a mass in addition to sat on the balcony.

This is after thirty minutes:



The covered land is where Ravissa after thirty minutes was. You tin move encounter the unprotected peel getting pinkish inwards the inwards a higher identify photo.

And this is after 1 hour.
Are you lot ready?
I increased the contrast, hence you lot tin move encounter the results better.



Yep. Unprotected peel is clearly sunburned.

But that damn Ravissa UV White Protector somehow worked.
How? Don't enquire me. I don't know.

I am genuinely hoping that the society emails me dorsum in addition to explains what they usage every bit UV blockers.

So yeah.
We lead hold 35 grams of something inwards a shiny airless pump, which is supposed to protect our precious faces from the sun, which, surprisingly, it does.

It likewise claims to move anti-everything (wrinkles, spots, aging, dryness...).

In improver Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ is:

  • mineral fossil oil free
  • artificial fragrance free
  • synthetic colouring free
  • UV absorber free
  • paraben free
  • phenoxyethanol free

and

  • alcohol free.


It's an splendid makeup base, but at 5184 yen (tax included) it should be.
I'm just terrified to usage it every bit an actual sunblock. Even after today's test, I am nonetheless scared...


So that's Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ for you.



Now, if you lot excuse me, I lead hold to pack. Going to Karuizawa tomorrow. And yes, I am taking a unlike sunblock alongside me (Evermere UV Gel).



UPDATE every bit of Apr 5, 2017

After dorsum in addition to forth alongside Alen International via e-mail regarding this Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++, I nonetheless don't know anything. 
First of all, dearest Alen International, if you lot lead hold an English linguistic communication language version of your website, it is only natural that you lot would respond to emails written inwards English. I mean, that is mutual sense, or hence I thought. Apparently Alen's version of mutual sense does non check mine, because my e-mail inwards English linguistic communication went without answer. 
I wrote over again inwards Japanese, where I genuinely pointed out that this was my 2d fourth dimension contacting them, every bit my research inwards English linguistic communication had been ignored. The society didn't fifty-fifty bother to apologize inwards their response. 
In their response to me they just quoted the measure PR spiel close non including inwards their products "ingredients that burden the skin". Dear Alen, I am non illiterate, I read that the initiatory off fourth dimension to a greater extent than or less on your website. In both languages. 
The query every bit to what provides the SPF50+ in addition to PA++++ degree of UV blocking inwards Ravissa UV White Protector was non addressed. It was merely stated that it contains sunblocking ingredients. 
I pressed harder. I wanted to know what these ingredients were. I asked close Titanium Dioxide in addition to Zinc Oxide in addition to wanted to know the concentration of both. I explained that inwards non-chemical sunscreen products if these 2 oxides are the only UV blockers, they are normally within the elevation 10 ingredients on the list. I wanted to know how tin move they offering SPF50+ PA++++ if inwards Ravissa UV White Protector they appear after the (+/-) sign inwards the component division listing. 
The society response was rattling blunt, devoid of whatever pleasantries in addition to went similar this (translation): 
The proper blending of all the ingredients is responsible for the outcome of the product. iI doesn't hateful that whatever ingredients are specifically for UV blocking. Please move assured that the production contains plenty sunscreen. If you lot usage it inwards the appropriate way, you lot volition move satisfied. Thank you lot rattling much.

Well, excuse me for beingness stupid, but if you lot are maxim at that topographic point is plenty sunscreen, hence tell me what that sunscreen is. Otherwise fuck off.

Final verdict:

Use Ravissa UV White Protector SPF50+ PA++++ at your ain risk.
I'm tossing mine inwards the garbage.
And currently lead hold precisely cipher involvement inwards trying other products from their lineup.


0 comments:

Post a Comment